What do you usually pack for trips? I’ve figured out a pretty consistent list in my adult life, and for our trip this week to visit my grandmother in Cornwall, we needed mix-and-match pieces because of the unpredictable weather. Here’s what I packed (I’d love to hear your go-tos!)…
2. All the heart eyes for this slim cotton tee. It’s super soft and well-fitting, and you can layer it with anything.
3. Long-sleeved tee, with a great boxy shape, for layering. (It also comes in seven pretty colors.)
4. I’ve had this black cashmere sweater for years, and if I calculate the cost per wear, it cost me like a penny. The oversized fit feels effortless with jeans and over dresses.
5. This blouse is made of crinkled gauze, which means it NEVER WRINKLES. You can wear it out to dinner or for just knocking around. The perfect travel shirt!
7. Soft, chunky, what more could you want in a sweater? This hand-me-down number is made with natural undyed Spanish yarn.
8. Surprisingly, this windbreaker, which I found on sale a while back, is the clothing item that elicits the most compliments BY FAR. Not a fancy dress. Not a pair of jeans. But a windbreaker. I love it! Bonus: You can easily stuff it into a handbag and take it anywhere. (The one I have has only one size left, but here are other colorways.)
9. Sweatpants for the overnight flight and afternoon hikes — and they’re slim fit, so they don’t really look like sweatpants and you actually feel pulled together.
10. Wrinkle-free pajamas for sleeping at night and padding around in the morning.
11. Levi’s wedgies are super flattering and super comfy. Done and done.
12. I always pack a tote into my suitcase, because they’re so handy on trips — for beach supplies, a shopping excursion, grabbing groceries for the group, etc. etc. This floral number does the trick!
14. Converse because they pair well with jeans, shorts, dresses, anything!
All in all, for a week in England, I packed: three sweaters, three shirts, one dress, windbreaker, sweatpants, jeans, sandals, sneakers, windbreaker, pajamas, tote. You can mix and match everything. Plus, of course, I brought some underwear and a ThirdLove bra; and my everyday makeup and skincare. That’s it!
What do you pack for trips? I’d love to hear…