Imagine this: You’re running late to a dinner date, but you want to dress up a little. This simple twist takes less than two minutes and adds instant elegance. Our hair-genius friend Reagan shows us the easy steps..
1. Create a deep side part. I like to start at the arch of my eyebrow and diagonally part the hair towards the middle with a rattail comb.
2. Gather the hair above your ear, leaving pieces down in the front for softness around your face.
3. Bend one hand back with your thumb facing down. Place your thumb over gathered hair and twist ponytail up and around it to create a tucked-under bun.
4-5. Slowly pull out your thumb.
6. Gently pull the bun vertically to give it a little more length.
7. Secure hair with bobby pins or U-shaped hair pins along the tucked edge of the bun.
8. Push hair up around the roots for extra volume and a finish with a light mist of hair spray.
Thank you so much, Reagan!
P.S. More hair tutorials, including a half-up crown braid and three twisted buns.
(Photos by Nicki Sebastian for Cup of Jo. Styling and modeling by Reagan Baker.)