I’m excited to share another hair tutorial! You know those days when you want your hair to look pretty but you only have a minute? Well, my friend Caroline swears by this gorgeous set of three twisted buns (“like cinnamon rolls!” she says). So she came over to explain exactly how to do them, and the wonderful Jamie Beck took a few photographs. And guess what? They really were quick and easy.
Here are Caroline’s steps, if you’d like to try them out…
1. This style is so easy, it’s laughable. Day-old hair is best (which is true for most hairstyles, since it’s easier to work with hair that has a little dirt in it).
2. Divide your hair into three equal parts and quickly spray each section with a little hairspray to help give it hold. Let the hairspray set for a couple seconds, and then lightly comb it out.
3. Take the section on your right side, and twist your hair all the way down to the end. You want to twist counter-clockwise, toward your face. Wrap the right section in on itself, just like you’re making a little bun. Let some of the hair stick out, it’s ok (you don’t want them to look like Princess Leia buns).
4. Pin the right bun in place. I like to use these mini bobby pins, since they’re easier to hide and they’re coated in rubber so they hold your hair better.
5. Next, twist the middle section clockwise and pin. Then twist the left section clockwise and pin.
6. Spray the three buns with a little more hairspray, and you’re done!
See? Super simple!
Here’s the look, feminine and easy breezy. What do you think, my darlings? Thank you so much, Caroline and Jamie! xoxoxo