When I got married 10 years ago, wedding planning felt impossible. I had email lists and Word docs and scribbled notes on legal pads. It was a mess! Since then, Zola has blown onto the scene and made wedding planning — including invitations, websites and registries — so much easier. Caroline’s friend Alex just got married in Miami, and she shows us how it’s done…
To plan their wedding, Alex and her fiancé Matt used Zola, which is a complete set of tools, including wedding website templates, save-the-dates and invitations, a customized checklist, a guest-list manager and a gift registry. They got married in a botanical garden. “My uncle officiated,” she says, “which made the experience all the more special.”
For their Zola registry, the couple chose both household gifts and a honeymoon fund. “We tried to choose pieces that will last a lifetime, especially kitchen things, because we like to cook together. Our Zola registry made it easy to put everything in one place.”
Zola also allows you to choose when you’d like items to be shipped. “That was a game changer since our New York apartment has zero storage,” says Alex. “Returns are easy, too. I registered for a cutting board, and when it arrived, it was way too big for our tiny kitchen. So, I just printed a return label and immediately got a credit.”
Zola offers 50,000 gifts and experiences from 500 top brands and stores, including Le Creuset, KitchenAid, Sonos and Airbnb. This week, I went down a rabbit hole looking at all the beautiful gifts you can register for, including Simply Framed custom framing, Crate and Barrel wine glasses, Artifact Uprising photo books, Hawkins waffle towels, Canvas Home dinner plates, and an Area throw blanket for cuddling up.
You can also set up a Honeymoon Fund (or a Charity Fund, House Down Payment Fund, anything you’d like), so guests can easily contribute cash. They have lovely photos, and you can personalize the descriptions to make them heartfelt.
A few more things we love about Zola:
* Zola offers a free suite of wedding planning tools.
* You can use Zola on your computer or via its great mobile app.
* Zola lets you easily return items, even before something has shipped.
* The registry offers price matching, free shipping and a 20% post-wedding discount on any items that weren’t purchased.
* Zola can hold onto your gifts until you’re ready for them — no more stacks of boxes in your kitchen!
* Their registries integrate right to your wedding website, making it easy for guests to shop.
* Zola offers 50,000 gifts and experiences from 500 top brands and stores, and you can do a traditional gift registry, a honeymoon fund, a house down payment fund, or whatever suits your and your partner best.
* All Zola’s offerings are interconnected. For example, if a guest buys a gift for you, it will be automatically marked on your guest list, and your checklist will remind you to send a thank you note. How easy is that?
Did you (or will you) have a wedding registry? Is there anything you’d do differently? We’d love to hear. I just wish Zola had existed when I got married 10 years ago.
(Alex’s wedding photos by Gianny Campos. This post is sponsored by Zola, the one-stop wedding planning site. Thank you for supporting the brands that help support Cup of Jo.)