Are you hosting anyone in the next couple months? If you’re rushing around before people arrive, the best thing to do is freshen up the bathroom. It’s the one place where your guests will be alone and soaking up the ambiance. Here are six easy tips for transforming the space, using the lovely home essentials from Parachute…
1. Put Out Extra Supplies. Organize hand towels and bars of bath soap in bins or baskets. (We’re digging these waffle towels with a chunky honeycomb weave.) You’ll keep things looking lovely, while allowing guests to help themselves. And don’t forget this guy!
2. Hang Artwork and a Robe. One thing about a bathroom is that — while brushing your teeth or drying your hair — you actually have time to look around. If you hang a landscape or a water photograph, like this one, the effect is almost like adding a window. (Also, the Dutch traditionally put a birthday calendar in bathrooms so they never forget important dates. Smart, right?) Finally, a waffle robe is one of life’s simple pleasures — this one is so comfy and light.
3. Try Some Eucalyptus Branches. The refreshing, earthy scent of eucalyptus is amplified by steam, so consider putting some branches next to the bath or even tie a few around the shower head. (Inhaling the eucalyptus-infused steam may even help relieve congestion.) They’re also inexpensive, last forever and are easy to find at the grocery store.
4. Play With Color. Monochromatic towels look nice, but try layering two colors for a pretty look. These waffle towels, made from 100% Turkish cotton, are so soft and light, they make a bathroom feel like a spa. Plus, they dry incredibly quickly, so they always feel fresh.
5. Display a Few Small Luxuries. Scented candles, fresh flowers and special lotions make any bathroom feel welcoming. This Parachute candle called “Dusk,” with notes of jasmine, patchouli and saffron, is one of our favorites; and I’d love to try the salt water candle, too.
6. Treat Yourself, Too. Did you know that the average person spends 92 days of their life in a bathroom? So, it’s worth making it cozy. Pretty towels, a shower curtain and a bath mat will make the room feel lovely year-round, way after guests have headed home. All of Parachute’s bath supplies come in soft colors and natural materials that look so, so beautiful together.
Here are a few more things we love about Parachute, the Los Angeles-based company: Founder Ariel Kaye, believes in social responsibility (returned items are donated to Habitat for Humanity, and they partner with the United Nations to give away a malaria-prevention net for every Venice Bedding Set they sell); their products are of the highest quality, manufactured by craftspeople in Italy, Turkey and Portugal; and their relaxed style has special details like hand-knotted fringe and smart pillow case design.
Thank you so much, Parachute!
(Photos by Alpha Smoot and styling by Veronica Olson for Cup of Jo. This post is sponsored by Parachute, a fantastic resource for beautiful home essentials. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Cup of Jo.)