Now that some of my friends are having their second babies, they’re already stocked with practical stuff like diaper bins and white noise machines. So, I’ve been getting clothing as baby gifts — extra adorable pieces new mamas might not splurge on themselves. Here are a few favorite brands…
1. Rylee + Cru for sweet desert-inspired prints.
2. Billie Blooms bloomers to accentuate those chubby thighs.
3. Petite Soul bonnets in Liberty florals.
4. Mabo has simple clothing in natural materials, like cotton and linen.
5. Hanna Andersson pajamas. Such a classic, and they’re so well made that you can pass them down through generations.
6. Freshly Picked moccasins for first steps.
7. Petit Bateau onesies might look boring, but the shape is insanely adorable. The low-cut legs made babies look like 1920s Olympic swimmers. (FYI, this French brand runs small, so go a size up.)
8. Soor Ploom has such pretty girls clothes. (The critters romper is available here.)
9. Mini Rodini for bright designs with a sense of humor.
10. Goat Milk for soft, beautifully made, ribbed onesies.
11. Winter Water Factory is one of our all-time favorite Brooklyn brands, with the sweetest patterns.
12. Crewcuts has lovely classics for boys and girls.
Two tips: Consider getting larger sizes, like 6-12 months, since newborns are often swaddled, curled up or covered in spit-up. They won’t start really wearing clothes until a little later on. Also, think about which season it will be when the baby is big enough to wear the piece you’re giving.
How about you? What are your favorite baby gifts?