My dears, I’m excited to share our second wedding hair tutorial! My friend (and hair genius) Caroline adores this elegant twisted roll–and swears it’s easy enough for brides to do themselves. So, we met at my favorite West Village wedding shop, and the wonderful Jamie Beck took photographs. Doesn’t her hair look straight from the 1940’s? So romantic.
Here are Caroline’s steps, if you’d like to try it out…
This hairstyle is perfect for a black-tie wedding or to show off a pretty neckline–and it’s great for girls with curly hair. It’s super easy; I promise with the teensiest bit of practice, you’ll be able to do it in less than five minutes!
1. Gather your hair into a low ponytail and secure with a rubber band. You want the ponytail to be pretty tight.
2. Next, slide the rubber band down the ponytail a little, so there’s space between the rubber band and your scalp.
3. Create a little “hole” in the area above the rubber band. Make sure not to poke all the way through; you just want to make a little “nest” in your hair (which you’ll use in step 5).
4. Twist the length of your ponytail, like you would if you were making a bun.
5. Begin tucking your ponytail down into the little nest you made for it. (To make mine a little different, I tucked the hair off center, so it was slightly asymmetric.)
6 and 7. Keep tucking and rolling your ponytail into the nest…
8. Once you have all your hair hidden and tucked away, pin it in place with bobby pins. Don’t forget to pin the sides of the hairstyle as well. Then spray your hair with some hairspray, and take along extra bobby pins for touch-ups!
Voila! Isn’t it beautiful? Would you consider this wedding look? If you’re already married, how did you wear your hair at your wedding? xo
P.S. More pretty hair tutorials…
(Photos by Jamie Beck for Cup of Jo. In the step-by-step photos, Caroline is wearing an Eberjey robe. In the wedding photos, Caroline’s wedding dress is by Ivy & Aster from Lovely, a bridal boutique in the West Village. The hair piece is by Untamed Petals, available at Lovely, as well.Her jewelry is from her own line, Brvtvs, and her lip color is NARS lipstick in Manhunt–appropriately!:)