Hello! We are looking for an enthusiastic part-time administrative/editorial assistant — with WordPress experience — from August 15th-November 15th, 2022. Here’s more about the role…
Company: Cup of Jo is an award-winning lifestyle website based in Brooklyn, New York. Founded in 2007 by Joanna Goddard, the site covers style, design, culture, food, travel, relationships and parenting. Forbes named it one of the Top 10 Most Influential Parenting Sites in the world, and Man Repeller described Cup of Jo’s reach as “the digital Oprah effect.” We have a community of almost 1 million unique readers per month — smart, enthusiastic women, who are deeply engaged with the site. (Our tagline is “come for the blog, stay for the comments.”) We have a collective passion for the work we do, and we strive to be authentic. As Olive Kitteridge said, “There’s no such thing as a simple life.”
Values: We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We are committed to fostering a safe, inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group. We don’t believe in a “perfect” candidate because we believe in our core values: a collaborative team; continuous learning; leading with empathy and enthusiasm. If you believe this is a role that you’ll be excited to tackle, please apply.
Overview: The position would begin at 5-8 hours/week in August. Ideally, the hours would be evenly distributed throughout the week — e.g., one hour each day, M-F, between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST. The rate is $35/hour. The position is remote; we are a “work from anywhere” company. This is a three-month role from August 15th to November 15th, 2022. There may be an opportunity to extend the position and increase weekly hours, depending on job performance and company growth.
* Manage Cup of Jo’s general email account
* Help build sponsored posts and comic posts in WordPress
* Upload photos for house tour posts, week of outfit posts, beauty uniforms, etc.; format the posts in WordPress
* Coordinate photoshoots and email call sheets
* Help build our weekly newsletter in Mailchimp
* Attend weekly team Zoom meeting
* Provide overall editorial and administrative support
* Report to Joanna Goddard (editorial) and Maureen Heffernan (marketing)
* Proficiency with WordPress, at least one year of experience
* Ideally, some experience with Mailchimp
* Solution-oriented work ethic
* Great attention to detail
* Warm, positive email manner with colleagues, sponsors and readers
* Ability to consistently adhere to deadlines without reminders
* Eager to learn and grow with a small, nimble company
If you’re interested, please email your resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com — we look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much!