Pastels are a big beauty trend this spring, but how do you pull them off without looking like a tween? We enlisted makeup artist Ashlee Glazer to teach us how to apply spring colors—with a light touch—to brighten up your whole face. My friend Courtney Adamo was our model, and the wonderful Jamie Beck took photos…
How to get the look:
1. Prep your face with your regular foundation and mascara. Groom your brows by brushing them up and out with a spool eyebrow brush.
2. Using your finger, blend a bit of Benefit High Beam Illuminator on the bridge of your nose and across your cheekbones. This will create a soft, radiant complexion without looking too shimmery or glittery. Bonus: It works on all skin tones.
3. For cheeks, blend Stila Convertible Color in “Sweet Pea” onto the apples of your cheeks. Blend up and out, not down—this makes your face look young and fresh, versus dragged down.
4. For lips, dab on the same Stila color (above) with your fingertips. Keep dabbing until you reach your desired level of color. One layer will be sheer, and multiple layers will be opaque. Focus the color on the center of the mouth so it looks more natural (versus drawn on like a lipstick) and then rub your lips together so it naturally spreads to fill in the rest of your lips.
5. For eyes, use a fluffy shadow brush to apply MAC Eyeshadow in “Beautiful Iris” evenly over the lid, from lash line to crease. Apply a very light coat, padding the shadow in the center of your lid, right above the eyeball and then buffing it outward.
How gorgeous does Courtney look? Here are a few photographs around Tribeca…
What do you think? Would you try it? Wouldn’t this be pretty for a springtime party or date?