This month, we’ve featured back-to-school hair tutorials for girls every Monday. My friend Reagan of Hairdresser on Fire was our hair stylist, and, here, Sohji was our beautiful model. Here are Reagan’s steps for mouse-ear top knots (and the sweetest photos)…
Little girls with bobs melt me. The only problem is that it can be hard to style such short hair! Sohji’s mouse ear topknots are a great way to have some variety.
Prep: you’ll want to comb out any tangles. You’ll just need two elastics (I like Goody’s clear ones) and some ribbon to jazz it up.
1. Create two equal sections at the top of the head. I like to follow the natural parting as much as possible on children.
2. Take your first section firmly in your hands and begin twisting it tightly. (Not too tight if she’s tender headed!)
3. Continue to twist the section until it coils around itself like a little bun. Some hairs might pop out, but just go with it! What makes the style so sweet is that it’s playful and spunky.
4. Secure with an elastic and repeat on the other side.
5. Add a ribbon or clip if you fancy.
P.S. And grown-up hair tutorials…