When school starts in September, little girls everywhere ask their moms for cool hairstyles. So I thought it would be fun to feature four hair tutorials for girls this month—one every Monday! My friend Reagan of Hairdresser on Fire was the hair stylist, and seven-year-old Ella was our beautiful model. Here are Reagan’s steps, if you’d like to try…
The only thing cuter than a little girl with Heidi braids, is a little girl with a ribbon in her Heidi braids.
Prep: You’ll need two hair elastics (I like Goody’s clear ones) and a few bobby pins. You’ll also need a ribbon to braid into the hair; it’s best to leave the ribbon quite long so that it can be cut to your preference after the style is complete.
1. Part the hair down the middle into two equal sections.
2. Take your first section, and split it into three equal sections.
3. Place the center of the ribbon against the back of the head, and add the ribbon into the center parting.
4-5. Braid (with the ribbon included) and secure with an elastic.
6. Repeat on the other side.
7. Pull each braid up to the top of the head, tucking the tails underneath each other and pinning in place.
8. Tie the ribbon into a bow. (Bow would also look mighty cute worn off-center.)
Try your hardest to not hug and squeeze her cuteness too much or she’ll be late for school!
Adorable! Thank you so much, Reagan! xoxo
P.S. And grown-up hair tutorials…