Next week, the boys and I will be heading to Cornwall to visit my aunt Lulu and other relatives. It will be our first summer trip since my grandmother died, so it will feel bittersweet, but we are excited for squawking seagulls, boat rides, and salt-and-vinegar
chips crisps. Here’s what I’m packing…
1. This denim dress is a huge splurge, but it’s the ultimate cost-per-wear item. (I’ve worn probably it twice a week for the past four summers.) It fits beautifully and transitions from boat rides to cliff walks to drinks o’clock. And here’s a $35 one that comes in three colors.
5. For blustery afternoons and cool evenings, the boys and I each bring a light sweater.
8. And linen shorts to wear with anything/everything.
9. When I get a pedicure before the vacation, I’ll pack a bottle of the same nail polish for inevitable chips and nicks. Then your feet always look pretty and clean.
10. And, finally, guys, hear me out on this one. I’m in love with the cool fisherman sandals that are everywhere these days, but last weekend I was at DSW with my 18-year-old honorary niece and we came across these shoes. They have a similar vibe, but even better, they have insole cushioning so you can walk forever; and, although they look like they have a buckle, it’s actually velcro!!! Because what is more annoying than needing to stop, bend down, and buckle your shoes every single time at a beach or pool with kids? They’re the shoe version of a pro tip.
Note: If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We recommend only products we genuinely like. Thank you so much.