As a non-mom (or rather, a dog-mom), it took me a minute to catch on to the wonder that is the wipe. But now that I’m initiated, I happily recommend them to anyone who asks. Here are 15 unexpected ways to use them…
First off, all wipes are not created equal. Often they can be soapy, foamy or greasy, or have really strong scents and leave residue.
Our hands-down favorites are from The Honest Company, one of our long-term sponsors. They’re the perfect amount of moist — not too wet and not too dry. They aren’t at all soapy and don’t leave any hint of stickiness. And they’re totally unscented, so when you’re done using them, they’re gone without a trace.
Honest wipes are bio-degradable and formulated without risky chemicals, so you can feel good about using them anywhere and everywhere. Best of all, their thick, waffle-like weave really helps them grab any gunk you might encounter, while keeping it off your hands.
Here are some ways to use them:
- Taking off makeup at night.
- Removing chalky deodorant marks on clothing. Works like a charm.
- Smoothing frizzy hair — I didn’t believe this until I tried it, but it actually works!
- Cleaning dog paws, faces and ears. And (ah-hem) other spots, too.
- Removing scuffs on painted walls.
- Dusting the leaves of houseplants.
- Wiping off muddy sneakers — and polishing the scuffed toes of your trusty Converse.
- Doing a speedy 30-second bathroom clean-up before company arrives.
- Freshening up after exercise. Works on both you and your yoga mat.
- Cleaning hands and faces during road trips, airplane flights, beach days and other expeditions.
- De-gunking your computer keyboard at work.
- Wiping sticky fingers and ice-cream faces, of course.
- Cleaning pacifiers or bottles that fell on the floor and bounced around in goodness-knows-what.
- Ditto for wiping grimy toys.
- Swabbing the handles and compartments of a stroller, which can easily become yucky.
Honest’s travel packs are also perfect for stashing in your purse, diaper bag, glove compartment, you name it.
Bonus for all readers: Honest is offering $10 off a $25 purchase for first-time customers with the code CUPOFJO10.
How do you use wipes? Do you have any favorite uses we haven’t mentioned here?
P.S. Side note: How cute are their fall diapers?