What do you make on those nights when you’re tired, starving and just want something yummy before watching Homeland? We’re super basic cooks, so we’ve come up with a rotation of quick meals. We usually turn to Real Simple, since their recipes are legitimately easy with only a few ingredients. Then Alex will cook while I lean against the counter, drink white wine and chat:) Here are the 10 dinners we’ve made a million times at home, and I’d love to hear yours…
Tofu, Spinach, Corn and Goat Cheese Tacos (pictured above)
Linguine with Artichokes and Leeks (and lots of grated parmesan cheese)
Mustard Salmon paired with whatever vegetable you have
Grilled Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas (we make these ALL THE TIME)
Vegetable Chili (the prep takes a while, but it’s awesome to make for a group of friends and tastes even better the second or third day)
Back-up meals, when we don’t have much in the fridge:
* Scrambled eggs and sausages
* Baked potatoes with cheddar cheese
* Big salads with spinach, avocado, parmesan, tomatoes, pine nuts and vinaigrette
* Melted cheddar cheese sandwiches with avocado slices and dijon mustard
* Any pasta with Rao’s Homemade Sauce. Have you ever had it? My friend Erin introduced me to Rao’s jarred sauces a year ago, and now I can never go back. They’re a splurge, but they’re bursting with so much flavor that you feel like you’re eating at an Italian restaurant, and I rationalize that if we went out to dinner, we’d spend way more, right? They’re really that good.
What quick dinners do you make? Where do you find your recipes? I’d love to hear. Leave recipe links in the comments, if you’d like!