Years ago, I wrote about our entire baby registry, but since then a few products have stood out as MUST-HAVES. These five baby items, below, made parenting so much easier, and I recommend them to all my pregnant friends and relatives…
1. Phil & Ted’s hook-on high chair. When Toby was born, our then-apartment was so small that we couldn’t fit a high chair into the kitchen. So we clipped this cute little chair to our kitchen table, and it worked really well.
2. Sophie the Giraffe. Every baby I know is obsessed with Sophie. She’s fun to chew, she squeaks and she’s French!
3. BabyBjorn Travel Crib. This light, SUPER easy-to-use travel crib was a splurge, but it was SO worth it. We’ve brought it on every vacation, and Anton actually sleeps in the travel crib every night at home these days, too.
4. Cotton onesies. Nothing is cuter than a baby in a white onesie, don’t you think? And you can get five of these for less than $20.
5. My Brest Friend. I loved this pillow, which you wrap around your waist while breastfeeding to keep your baby supported. Without this, my back and arms really ached. A total lifesaver.
Plus, a sticker pad for the older sibling! We gave Toby this make-a-meal sticker pad the week that Anton was born, and he played with it while I was breastfeeding and resting during those hazy days. It kept everyone happy:)
We often order products from Diapers.com, which delivers within two days. You can easily create a baby registry, too, which I wish I had known about with our boys! They have some awesome perks, like the option to wait to ship registry items up to six months past your due date (if you don’t have room for everything right away), and getting a 10% discount six weeks before your due date, so you can buy all your remaining registry items. Create a registry here, if you’d like.
Gift for all readers: Diapers.com is offering 15% off when you buy gifts from a friend’s registry (or when you buy gifts for yourself off your own registry). Just enter the code REGISTRY15 when you check out. This offer applies only to registry purchases and excludes diapers, wipes and formula; good through April 30, 2014; one use per household. Additional restrictions apply.
What are your must-have baby items? What do you recommend to friends and family? And big congratulations to the expectant mamas out there! Hope you’re feeling well :)
(This post is sponsored by Diapers.com, a site we love and use all the time)