Holiday parties are coming up soon, but they can be hard to photograph, don’t you think? With dim lighting, moving guests and (most likely) a tipsy photographer, it’s tricky to get good shots that capture the evening. Well, as part of a three-part series sponsored by Canon, here’s a way to inspire fun photos…
Create a photo scavenger hunt! Simply write out photo challenges on a piece of paper and tie it to a digital camera. Your guests can pass around the camera to take photos—which ends up being a great ice-breaker and conversation starter.
Ideas for photo challenges:
* tallest and shortest party guests
* a photo of the hostess, unaware
* people’s shoes
* a shot from outside the party looking in
* guests coming and going
* as many people in the photo as possible
* balance as many objects as possible on your head
* hear no evil/see no evil/speak no evil
* spelling out a word with body parts
* people laughing
* food and drinks
What do you think? Any other challenges you can think of?